Cocoa Butter is extracted from the Cacao Bean and carries a rich and pleasant chocolate aroma.
Organic Cocoa Butter has high oxidative stability due to the naturally occurring level of antioxidants.
These Organic Cocoa Butter Wafers are similar to the size and shape of a quarter, but slightly larger, making them easier to handle and melt than the block form.
- Cocoa Butter has a soft, sweet cocoa aroma and is one of the most stable fats known.
- It has been used to heal and moisturize skin that has been exposed to the elements.
- It also helps reduce the formation of stretch marks during pregnancy by keeping the skin supple.
- It makes a wonderful ingredient in lotion bars, lip balms, body butter, and soaps.
- Cocoa Butter is one of the most stable fats known and it contains natural antioxidants that prevent rancidity. This butter is very hard in consistency.
• Lotions & Creams: 5 - 20 %
• Balms: 5 – 100 % • Bar Soaps: 5 - 20 %
• Hair Conditioners: 1 – 5 %
When adding butter to creams and lotions, it might be necessary to gently warm them until the texture can be incorporated into the final product.
Using a hand blender, create a vortex with your cream or lotion and drizzle your melted butter to fully incorporate.
For addition in soaps, the general rule of thumb is 1 tablespoon per pound. As with most raw materials, results may vary, so we strongly recommend small, lab scale batches prior to any commercial manufacturing. This is FOOD GRADE COCOA Butter.
Use as an Edible Butter
Cocoa Butter is edible and possesses an extraordinary rich, delicate chocolate aroma. Add a piece to your favorite smoothie, dessert, ice cream or chocolate creation. Because it has not been damaged by heat, our cocoa butter melts easily and blends nicely into any type of recipe.
Cocoa Butter Benefits
Antioxidants: Cocoa has more antioxidant flavonoids than any food tested so far, including blueberries, red wine, and black and green teas.
In fact, it has up to four times the quantity of antioxidants found in green tea.
Health benefits of these antioxidants include: Promote cardiovascular health, Protect from environmental and metabolic toxins,
Help repair and resist damage caused by free radicals, and may reduce the risk of certain cancers.
This butter should be stored in a cool dark place and has a shelf-life of 1-2 year's when stored properly.
BOTANICAL NAME: Theobroma Cacao
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: West Africa